Sunday, March 23, 2014

Your name looks like Jack Johnson

Everybody always tells me how much they love Jack Johnson
and it gets boring after a while.
Because I loved Jack Johnson, once upon a time.
Nobody loved Jack as much as I did, that's the truth.
I loved you.

I loved the way you would play Jack's songs in the car like they were your own, 
and I would always dream of making Banana Pancakes with you one day.
Because it was always rainy and there was never a need to go outside.
I loved you.

I still remember the day we met, sometime during your last year of High School.
And even though it wasn't anytime in early September,
it felt like it with you. 
You were my Jack Johnson.
I loved you.

I thought love was the answer for all of the questions in my heart,
but life happened and now we're here.
You're somebody else's Jack Johnson and i'm somebody's nobody.
I'm just glad that it's all understood.
I'll always love you, bud.
This one goes out to my best friend. You know who you are.

-Ruby





2 comments:

  1. "I loved the way you would play Jack's songs in the car like they were your own,
    and I would always dream of making Banana Pancakes with you one day.
    Because it was always rainy and there was never a need to go outside."
    "I'll always love you, bud." Gah, so so so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "you were my Jack Johnson. I loved you" love. stolen.

    ReplyDelete