Sunday, March 2, 2014

"When I Said Fragile" -Remy Raine

“Someday you’ll understand 
what I meant when I said that word

What I meant when I rested the palm 
of my hand on your chest and said, ‘Fragile’ 

What I wanted you to feel 
when I started to trace your eyebrows
with my fingers and said, ‘I like this’

What I wanted you to believe 
when I proceeded to trace the lining 
of your eyes and repeated, ‘I like this’
And how I continued with your 
nose and your lips, ‘I like this, I like this’

And how I gently passed your neck, ‘I like this’ 

And how my fingers stopped when they 
brushed your left chest again, ‘Fragile’

Someday you’ll understand 
what I had in mind when I said that word 

What burning desire I had for you to know
that I wouldn’t break your heart
like the others did in your past 

That I would never make empty promises

That you could trust me when I say 
the words, ‘I love you’

That I would take care of that delicate heart of yours

Someday you’ll understand 
how I felt when I said that word

How I was crying inside when I spoke it
 
How I felt the pain that you were denying
How I was determined to prove you wrong

How I would go through day and night for you

Someday you’ll understand 
my intention when I said that word

Why I said it even though I was more 
broken than you would ever be

Why I wasn’t willing to let you pay
for his and his mistakes 

Why I ignored my own pain 
and cried for you instead

 Someday you’ll understand
what I wanted when I said that word

What I wanted you to realize 
when I touched you there

To realize that I was ready to bleed for you

To bleed from the cuts on my fingers 
as I pick up the fragments of your heart
and make it whole again

Someday you’ll understand
why I left my hand there and said, ‘Fragile’

Why I didn’t want you to make love to me

That all I wanted from you 
was to let me love you

Even when I secretly wished that
you would fight for me too ”



No comments:

Post a Comment