Sunday, March 9, 2014

Fears of the Unknown

My fears are the following:

The monsters under my bed. Unlike Rihanna, the monsters and I are not friends.

Spiders. Whether you consider it an irrational or rational fear,
most of you will scream like the little girls you are when you find it to be hanging out in the bathroom stall with you.

The Future and what it holds for me. Will I get good grades like my older siblings and have the career I want?
Will I disappoint my professors, my friends, my parents?

My Parents. . The things they hold over my head, 
threatening to drop the blade on the guillotine at any second. 
The love they try to show me, 
the same love that I can see through so easily.
But fears can be conquered. 
And one day, I will conquer this particular fear, and I hope that my parents will do the same.
I hope that they can conquer the fear of losing their daughter. 
Just because she isn't Mormon.

I have a lot of fears, more than I can count.
If I tried naming them all, you'd be reading for hours. 
I'll spare your time. 
Peace.








No comments:

Post a Comment