Sunday, March 30, 2014

Man in the Moon

I wonder if the Man in the Moon is like me, or the other way around.
Does he feel like I do? 
Does the Man way up in the sky have a soul mate?
Do I even have a soul mate? 
There are so many questions i'd like to ask him,
if I could.

I wonder if he can feel pain.
I wonder if, when the astronauts landed on his surface, it hurt him just a little.
I bet he tried to tell them that he didn't appreciate them standing on his face,
but they couldn't hear him.
How could they have known? 
He's just the "Man in the Moon." 

I wonder if he gets angry.
Does he express his frustration to the stars?
Or does he bottle it all up inside, 
like I do? 
I get the feeling that the Man in the Moon and I are more alike than we think.

I know this sounds strange, but it is often on my mind.
I think we all have a little piece of the Man in the Moon inside of us.
He feels, like we do.
He hurts, just like all of us.
He has outbursts of sudden anger, just like you and I.
He's no different than we are.
Think about it.


1 comment: