Friday, March 28, 2014

March Madness Mash-up. 2014

I shall be telling this with a sigh,
Just like moons and like suns.

My bones said, "Write the Poems."

It seems only yesterday I used to believe
What he feels for me.
And you were probably
The best reason I ever heard,
I want it to confirm.

I used to say,
"Do not go gentle into that good night",
And we were lost for ages.

When youth and blood were warmer;
the sky of the sky of a tree called life grew higher than the soul could hope
or the mind could hide,
And we would write letters to the ones we loved.

For everything that's lovely is
twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
to strike straight.

But I like it because it is bitter, 
because it would frighten you, 
hopelessly.


To think that all this time,
the loud voice is famous to silence,
that having once been told, we played along.

Tell me, what else should I have done?

WHEN I was one-and-twenty
my heart broke loose on the wind,
because I wanted so badly to return the favour,
and I didn't even learn to love.

Proving nature's laws wrong, 
we shall WALK with a WALK that is measured and slow,
realizing we had never actually been rescued.
But that's not all-

We wanted to GET OUT.
But we miss it every time.
And I am so relieved, so relieved- and a little disappointed.

Now, there is a pretty girl, 
lost out in the woods.
It was not always this way,
for bravery runs in MY family.

And so when your heart begins to beat,
stand still, yet we will make him run.

-I am nobody! Who are you?
-I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
And tonight is filled with rage,
it's too late,
"They won't last,"

With a heart made from the neck of a giraffe because
I want my love to be long 
long
long
long.
I remember.
I felt the life sliding out of me,
like a heavy load, 
drugged perhaps by the hum of a long afternoon.

Tell me about despair, yours, and I will tell you mine.

I've never really stayed in one place,
for life's not a paragraph
and death I think is no parenthesis.

And my soul keeps trying, trying
to be STRONG like that.
Like you.

And you fit into me
like a hook into an eye.




3 comments:

  1. This was such an inventive idea. You blended it together flawlessly. It sounds like the phrases were meant to go together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazing. I had a hard time figuring out where the new poems began.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember.
    I felt the life sliding out of me,
    like a heavy load,
    drugged perhaps by the hum of a long afternoon.#stolen

    ReplyDelete