Sunday, March 16, 2014

To Remember Forever; To Always Forget

I'll remember forever: you.
I'll always forget: us.
I'll always remember the nights spent gazing at the stars
I'll try to forget the feelings I had those nights.
I'll always remember the fireplace and how it warmed my frozen toes
I'll try my hardest to forget how you thought that was cute. 
That I was cute.

I will always and forever remember the times spent talking about our lives and the mistakes we had made,
I'll try really hard to forget what I told you about myself.
But you will never forget.

I will always remember the way you would stare at me, 
saying nothing at all, 
smiling all the while.
I'll try my best to forget the butterflies I got when you told me it was because I was beautiful. 
I'd like to try and catch them all and put them back in my stomach.
Maybe you can help me?

I'll always remember the time that I kissed you by my car for the very first time,
and how you were caught off guard.
But it was a good thing.
I really hope that I can forget how badly I blushed 
and how your lips tasted on mine. 

I'll always remember how I apologized for everything
even though I didn't really know what I was apologizing for.
I'll try to forget how mad it made me that I was the only one saying "sorry."
I'll try really hard with that one.

I'll always remember scrolling through her pictures on all the social networking sites that mess with my head,
and thinking to myself, "Wow. She's really pretty. He's lucky." 
I'll try so hard to forget how it felt like somebody had stabbed me in the heart. 
I think it will be good for me to forget.

I promise i'll try my hardest.
Because
I'll remember forever: you.
I'll always forget: us.

I told him I would paint this picture for him.



3 comments:

  1. I really, really liked this. You're writing style is amazing. I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so in love with this post. So real. So open. So much of where I'm at right now.

    ReplyDelete