Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Fireplace

I don't know why I think about you anymore. 
I mean, yeah. I see you at school in the halls almost every day, 
And I think about you because I see you. 

But that's not what I'm talking about.
I think about you when I'm trying to fall asleep at night.
I think about you when 17 by Youth Lagoon is playing on repeat. 
I think about you when I have a craving for crepes, 
When I sit by a fireplace.
That's bolded because it was special to me.
And because my fireplace doesn't work worth shit. 

Point is, I can't stop thinking about you. 
And I can't stand it. 

I put 17 on repeat with the hope that it will lose it's meaning and 
become just another song that I find to be sorta rad. 
I have a recipie for crepes now because I don't need you 
to show me how to make them anymore. 
I can do it on my own.
I sit by other fireplaces, hoping that the heat from each one
will feel the same as your fireplace did
so that it won't have any special meaning to me. 
So that it won't keep me up at night with the thought of you. 

My mind is so worn out from thinking of you. 
If we took a look at my brain, all you would see are ashes. 
Ashes created by the thoughts of that stupid fireplace. 
I just wish my own damn fireplace would work. 

I'm done thinking of you. 


2 comments:

  1. "I put 17 on repeat with the hope that it will lose it's meaning"
    Wonderful and sad line. "Fireplace" and "crepes" and what it means to you; amazing, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...my heart. i dunno the only word i can think of is golden. actually glowing works too.

    ReplyDelete