Sunday, February 9, 2014

THESE THINGS ARE HOW YOU MAKE ME FEEL:



Like the ending of a chick flick where the couple always ends up together somehow, like the cool rain that falls during the hot summer months, not like the rain we get during these sad winter months, I hate that kind of rain. But you already know that from all the times i've told you.

You make me feel like i'm in elementary school again and it's just a little school girl crush, but those are the best because back then I didn't care what boys would think and I let the butterflies flow right up from my stomach and out my mouth without a single care. If we were in Elementary school and I let those butterflies out, they would engulf you.

You make me feel... well, that's just it. You make me feel. I try not to feel anything, I try to keep it all in and block everyone out so they never get a glimpse of those beautifully colored butterflies. But you, you pull the butterflies out of my stomach and you beg for them to engulf you. The way your brown eyes taunt me, the way the ink on your skin tells a story about who you are and what you've been through, it gets me. You get me. And I get you. And we're meant to be like Anna and Christoff, like Hiccup and Astrid. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. Anis Mojgani. We're going to watch/read this poem this week.

    "like i'm in elementary school again"

    ReplyDelete