Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Insert name here:

C: for the way you CARELESSLY
cut my heart out of my chest, taking your sweet time
and finishing the deed by saying to me, "it was my pleasure."

O: for the times when I see you in the halls at school.
OBLIVIOUS. 

O: for those instances when I OFFERED my friendship,
my trust,
when I offered you everything I had. 
But it wasn't enough for you.

P: for PERFECT. 
Or not perfect enough. 
Even the journal entries from so long ago
that I RIPPED out to show you I cared. 
I ripped those pages of my sweet, sweet Paris to give you proof. 
There's an alternate word for P. 
PROOF. 
The proof I gave you was never good enough. 

E: for END. The ending of our story. The last couple pages,
blowing away into a deep abyss of hatred and sadness. 
All because nothing was what you had imagined.
Having me around wasn't how you had pictured it being. 
There were no rainbows or Sunshine, no happy endings.
You just got me. 
And that wasn't enough. 

R: for REGRET. Because I regret every single second spent with you.
I wish you could see these words that I hesitate to type with the fear 
of people knowing who I am. 
But these words are worth writing, they are worth speaking. 
I regret the long nights spent in front of your fireplace
and I regret discovering those crazy songs with you. 
I regret the catering jobs, the dreams, the hot chocolate that you knew I would never touch. 
I regret you. I regret us. 
And I'm glad that this was the last chapter of out story. 

1 comment:

  1. The end of this post made me smile a little bit. Ending a chapter to start a new one is important. Good luck with your next chapter. This post was great.

    ReplyDelete