Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Please Prove You're NOT a Robot.

How can I tell I'm human? How do I know I'm not a robot? I know I'm human because of the late nights, laying in bed, anxious thoughts running through my head.

The messes in my room prove that I don't need perfection in all I do or say. The make up stains on the carpet and walls, the tear-stained pillows and blankets, the jars full of hand written notes and concert tickets along with all of the memories that come as part of the package.

I know I'm human because I can still look at THAT boy and say, "I won't be bothered by you anymore", but the pain is still present, because I can look into THIS boy's eyes and I can tell him I love him, crying tears of joy.

When I walk through the halls I can feel my heart pounding in my chest, anxious as hell, wondering what people think of me when they see me.

I KNOW I AM HUMAN BECAUSE....

I have a name and a picture ID to prove it. 

1 comment: