Sunday, April 6, 2014

I'm Jealous of the Rogue Planets

"When I was a kid I used to count backwards from ten..."
I'm jealous of the way her childhood appeared to be. 
I wish that's what I could have done as a kid, what I could have worried about,,
what I could have had on my young mind.
Simply counting down from ten.

"I think of you at ten; the first time I saw you. Your smile at nine and how it lit something up inside me I had thought long dead; your lips at eight pressed against mine and at seven, your warm breath in my ear and your hands everywhere. You tell me you love me at six and at five we have our first fight. At four we have our second and three our third. At two you tell me you cant go on like this any longer and then at one, you ask me to stay."
I'm jealous of the whole thing because when I count backwards from ten it goes like this.
I think of you at ten; the first time I fell into your trap.  
Your lying eyes at nine and how they pulled me into something dark I never thought was there.
Your poisonous lips at eight, whispering dark secrets into my ears and at seven,
your hands pulling me in every direction, never letting me go.
You tell me you will love me at six and at five you prove yourself wrong.
At four we have our fourteenth fight and at three you convince me to stay.
At two I finally see the liar you are and I tell you I can't go on any longer
and then at one, you walk away like it was nothing.

I know this whole thing was probably a silly way to show how i'm jealous of this poem
But things seem to have ended much better for Lang Leav than they did for me.




1 comment:

  1. Whoa. Nice remix.

    I love this poem and I love what you did with it.

    ReplyDelete